Monday, August 5, 2013

Continuing Saga of the Butternut Squash

Hello, I am a butternut squash.  I know, you are thinking what a privileged life I lead.  You are so wrong!!!  Let me just say that I am 2 weeks old and living a totally unfulfilled life.  I came to this home with the anticipation of becoming the quintessential mealtime vegetable for this family.  Have I been able to fulfill that goal? No!  I say again, No!!!  I sit on the counter and no longer believe that I have any possibility of becoming the butternut squash of which dreams are made!!!!!!

I don't mean to linger on my whoas, I just want to put the word out to other butternut squash that life isn't always fair and that sometimes you have to adjust your expectations to meet the challenges of the real world.

Mind you, I am living  with a kind and just couple that would love to help me fulfill my dreams but they are incapable of helping me achieve my full potential.  They need the skilled hands of a premiere chef to aid in the proper form of butternut squash preparation.  I cry out to that certain someone who could help them help me fulfill my dreams.  Please come to our aid!!!!

As always, your most sincere butternut squash.

No comments: